Average rating : HIGH
Learn more about what we're building and become a contributor to the fully decentralized, sharded and scalable next-generation blockchain, implementing CBC Casper proof-of-stake protocol.
|Private-sale:||ENDED - ...||ENDED|
|Ticker:||Available for token sale:|
|Token type:||Private-sale/pre-sale token price:||/|
|Accepts:||Private-sale/pre-sale bonus:||no info/ no info|
|Prototype:||Pre-sale min/max personal cap:|
|Team:||Crowd-sale token price:|
|Team residence:||Crowd-sale min/max personal cap:|
|Company residence:||Cant participate:|
What I like:
- A blockchain that has almost everything: PoS, sharding, side-chains, multi-language smart contracts
- Vlad Zamfir is a living legend in the blockchain space
- Focused on adoption by being inclusive for developers & ecosystem participants
- With careful execution, this can become “Ethereum done right” before Ethereum itself
What I dislike:
- Zamfir and some of the other project members have previously collaborated before in the now almost dead RChain project
- Uncertain if it will be able to beat Ethereum to the punch: Q1 2020 mainnet won’t actually have side-chains and sharding, which will come end of 2021 and somewhere in 2022, respectively
- This seems to be the first blockchain project for most of the developers
- Not enough clear details available
Overall, I like it. I am a big fan of Vlad Zamfir and his work, who else would be better suited to do an Ethereum-done-right-from start blockchain if not him? The proposed design is ambitious and will certainly be making headlines when implementing all the advertised features. Execution will be key – already there is a DevNet & the GitHub action looks promising.
That being said, this new project seems to be a bit of RChain refurbishing (some of the old team and investors decided to start over), it is yet to be funded properly and has a very long roadmap with a development team that seems mostly new to the blockchain space. Based on the information available right now, I am not confident that CasperLabs will manage to outpace Ethereum and bring a main net with all the features into production before Ethereum 2.0. Which doesn’t make it a bad project, of course. I will keep my eyes on it, as I like the overall design.