Average rating : MEDIUM
VANTA is looking to build an intelligent network for real-time networking, which enables individuals and companies to quickly develop services that can efficiently transmit and process real-time data, as well as commercialize the services at low cost without additional infrastructure. As a result, creative services will be provided and integrated within the VANTA ecosystem, and VANTA blockchain will be a practical blockchain that will greatly contribute to improving the daily lives of individuals and operations of enterprise businesses.
|Crowd-sale:||TBA - ..||NOT STARTED|
|Ticker:||VNT||Available for token sale:|
|Token type:||Private-sale/pre-sale token price:||/|
|Accepts:||Private-sale/pre-sale bonus:||no info/ no info|
|Prototype:||Pre-sale min/max personal cap:|
|Team:||Crowd-sale token price:||0.00088 USD|
|Team residence:||Korea||Crowd-sale min/max personal cap:|
|Company residence:||Cant participate:|
VANTA has a lot of strong points, therefore it may actually be easier to start with the areas of concern. Firstly, it’s a Korean project and requires more time to verify, and due to the nature of VANTA there’s a lot to take in. The project also has a high hard cap at $15 million for 35% of tokens, and closer to $43 million on a fully diluted basis. In addition, the roadmap shows that potential investors may have to wait up to six months for significant developments, and the team face stiff competition from other strong Korean projects such as ICON.
Having said this, VANTA is strong in a number of key areas. For example, the team is solid and combines significant experience at companies such as Apple, Microsoft, Apple, Oracle, Samsung, IBM Korea, and Voiceloco with the latter also providing significant backing and assistance. The team are set to leverage their network and VANTA will work with Microsoft Korea to add VANTA connectivity to Microsoft Teams, and this will allow enterprises using Microsoft Teams to easily connect inbound/outbound calls through VANTA’s decentralized network. Furthermore, after launching the ARKAS Protocol, VANTA will promote and sell services such as UCaaS, and voice and video APIs to customers around the world by joining the Oracle Partner Network.
To drive home the point, advisors Yoonseok Choi and Changnam Choi both have extensive reach as Vice President at Microsoft Korea and as the APAC Regional Head Director at Oracle. In addition, Investor Relations Director Kevin Kim is also an advisor at RocketFuel and Allbit exchange, which is a subsidiary of leading Korean exchange UPbit.
The team have also come up with an interesting economy which sees tokens burned as API fees, and various members of the ecosystem are required to stake VNT tokens in order to participate in the network. This leads to the token having more intrinsic value similar to ETH on the Ethereum network. In addition, they have also stated that 35% of tokens will be sold to investors and all unsold tokens will be burned.
Finally, the VANTA blockchain is a specialized blockchain aimed at real-time networking related services such as high-definition broadcast streaming, group video calls, and low latency data processing. The team are also targeting sectors such as education, entertainment, gaming, finance, and governmental organizations, and plan to build a platform blockchain, and also provide a core module in the form of an SDK and/or API to allow platform-independent access to the VANTA network. Users of current leading platforms and applications will be able to connect to VANTA to access real-time networking and this should help the project’s expansion and ability to onboard new users. VANTA as a company has a large scope and the team’s vision is to reach for the stars. They are ambitious, and judging by their previous accomplishments and the network architecture they presented, we believe VANTA has a good chance to eventually become a solid player in the decentralized industry.
In short, the project has a good mix of solid business experience, secure partnerships, strong team members, and thoughtful tokenomics. Despite, this it may still be a while before VANTA gains traction and develops a significant user base and dApp ecosystem, and only time will tell if the extended roadmap will work in opposition to the prolonged bull run. We believe this is an interesting project which should not be neglected.see more
VANTA Network is a solid project backed by existing South Korean communications company, Voiceloco. The team is experienced and strong in development, management and communication spheres. Core team members worked for notable international companies like Microsoft, Oracle, HP, Samsung etc.
VANTA Network has partnerships with prominent global companies: Oracle and Microsoft, that will help in project implementation in the future.
VANTA has already launched its non-blockchain MVP that is publicly available. Blockchain testnet is scheduled for 2019 Q2, mainnet is scheduled for 2019 Q3.
Peer analysis shows that VANTA’s competitors do not perform well, probably because of the bear market. All competitors performed well in short-term, showing positive ROI. NOTE: the main advantage of IEO is an instant liquidity.
Tokenomics looks reasonable, hard cap $15M. There are lock-up terms for the team, advisors, early supporters. Staking model will prevent token from dumping and the price will grow as long as more companies and developers will join VANTA Network.see more
- Microsoft show interest on the development of the project and a VP from Microsoft South Korea is advisor at VANTA. When the mainnet is ready, if it's aligned with their expectations, Microsoft could confirm their interest by doing an official announcement and stating that MS Teams - the Skype for Business - is going to integrate VANTA technology (right now there is just an MOU without confirmation from the official communication channels of Microsoft ).
- The University of Hanyang at Seoul (8th of 29 at South Korea based on the university ranking) is collaborating to develop the technology.
- VANTA is going to ride the IEO hype that take place at Korea (IEO's are ICO's where the sale is done through an exchange).
- The VANTA team developped Ciao! v.1, a streaming technology that started to penetrate in Turkey with 18.7k units being used during last 90 days.
- The minimum of one year lockup (meaning no tokens at all are received during that span of time) is not respected neither for Advisor or Team members. Both together will receive 15% of the total token (10% + 5%), while the purchasers during the private and public sale will share 35% of the total amount of tokens.
- No details are available for the general public regarding token economics.
- The past financial results do not show a level of income proper of a company with 20 employees.
▪️Partnerships with Oracle, Microsoft
▪️Guaranteed Korean exchanges Listing since token sale is conducted via IEO
▪️IEO is still popular way of raising funds
▪️Supported by existing South Korean communications company, Voiceloco
▪️Poor Market Conditions for 15M$ Hardcap
▪️Lack of top Vcs or advisors involved
▪️35% Tokens sold for crowdsale participants
▪️Long Roadmap with mainet going Live in q3 2019
- VANTA is a very interesting project that has some use cases I would personally try out when it launches such as their video/game streaming and the decentralized Skype-like dApp. During my research on them, they were very cooperative and answered my questions transparently
- This being a Korea-based project is a plus because we all know how Korean projects tend to perform in terms of ROI for their investors. Even during this prolonged bear market, Korean projects have time and tie again giving good ROI to their investors (at least for the short term)
- They already have partnered with two Korean exchanges AllBit (a subsidiary of UPbit) and Cashierest so listing should be quick after their token sale and adequate liquidity available for investors. Also, their First Token Sale Event on Cashierest Exchange successfully sold out early with a total of 1,299,983,670 VNT being sold at a value of approximately $1.2 mil USD. This was only available to Korean citizens and shows that VANTA has very good awareness in Korea.
- I think their team and advisors are very capable and have the necessary experience to deliver on their promises (assuming they stay true to their investors and not get sidetracked with money raised like a lot of projects do).
- They have good partnerships (Microsoft, Oracle) that should help them in getting awareness and gaining clients'
|Midgard Research||8 out of 10|