22 Aug 202214:20
Mainline AMA Recap
Denis (CryptoDiffer)We are glad to meet here:
Pres TesHi everyone!
Berg Man *Chris - Mainline Co-founder*Hi all!
Denis (CryptoDiffer)Welcome, thank you for taking your time today!
Berg Man *Chris - Mainline Co-founder*Thanks for having us
Pres TesGlad to be here 🙂
Denis (CryptoDiffer)Our team has prepared some questions for you to start with:
Let`s start with the introduction !
Q1: Can you introduce yourself to our community?
Pres TesHi all, I'm Preston, cofounder and CEO of Mainline
Berg Man *Chris - Mainline Co-founder*Hi everyone, my name is Chris and I am a co-founder and coo of Mainline.
Denis (CryptoDiffer)Q2: Can you introduce Mainline to us?
Pres TesYes, absolutely! Mainline is an intelligence tool to help us figure out what's real on social. We have a platform that helps uncover the authenticity of influencers and projects, and find what's going viral. We help see beyond the algorithms and echochambers so you can know what's really going on in social media.
We also have a token economy we're developing that allows anyone to make money off of relevant social data that businesses use to make key decisions on where they invest their time and attention, as well as reward mechanisms to help us curate data. We also have a governance model that allows the community to prioritize the tools that would be most useful to them.
Denis (CryptoDiffer)Q3: Let`s now talk about the milestones you have achieved so far and about your upcoming plans?
Pres TesGreat question! We spent the last year building out our platform which is now in open alpha where anyone can use it. We've been working with VC groups and projects to help them improve their game on social media-- working with the right influencers, having the right posting strategy, and building solid communities of authentic users.
Berg Man *Chris - Mainline Co-founder*Upcoming plans would be to bring on more relevant VCs and businesses to use the platform. We are refining our token model during the downturn to launch the with a lot of utility that drives sustainable value for the Dao.
We will be prepared to launch our token as soon as the market recovers.
Denis (CryptoDiffer)Thank you for such detailed and interesting answers!
It is time to move to the community questions part.
Let's remind AMA rules to the community😊
❗️ AMA structure and rules: 👥
- Community questions part starts after the guest/guests finishes/finish answering the introduction questions asked by the moderator. Moderator unmutes the chat to allow up to 100 messages and mute it.
- Each person is allowed to write only one message containing 2 questions, violators will be disqualified from participating in the reward distribution.
- Copy-pasted questions from previous AMAs are strictly forbidden, violators will be disqualified from participating in the reward distribution.
- All questions&concerns regarding AMA members should send in dm to @cryptodiffer_admin
- Important, please don`t write to other CryptoDiffer team members, they won`t be able to help you.
- Winners are chosen by Guests.
I will open the chat at 4:14 UTC, check exact time on time.is
Preston Tesvich|Co-Founder&CE|@pres321MainlineCofounder,Chris Berger|Cp-Founder&COO|@bergman12,please choose the questions you like and answer them! If you wish to have additional rounds, just let me know
Cryptodiffer CommunityHi @bergman12 @pres321MainlineCofounder
Can you us you backers and private investors? Also do you have any plan for public?
Berg Man *Chris - Mainline Co-founder*We may do a small public sale before launch depending on what the markets allow.
Cryptodiffer CommunityQ1. I learnt that tokens can be earned by metatagging and connecting social accounts. If I may ask, what is metatagging and how does the reward mechanism behind it works?
Q2. Also, regarding social accounts, how many accounts can a single user connect at once? For instance can i connect my FB, Twitter, Instagram all at once to the app?
Pres TesGreat questions!
1) Metatagging is a system we've developed that helps add a layer of metadata on top of social data-- for example, labelling users as 'promoters' or project accounts as 'layer 1' or 'nft', etc. This extends to tagging other elements in the platform as well, like labelling posts as 'spam' or 'prediction.' All of this human intelligence combines with our algorithms to provide better intelligence on what's happening on social. Rewards from metatagging will be based on stake, and those rewards increase as other users upvote tags.
2) Currently our primary support is Twitter, but we will be adding other social platforms as our community requests them-- reddit, telegram, discord, youtube, IG, FB-- the idea is to give an overall pulse of what's going on across social around any particular topics that you're interested in, and see how those conversatons connect and move across the different social networks.
Cryptodiffer Community🌴🌴What is the minimum requirements to join mainline staking program? And what is the APY mechanism?
Berg Man *Chris - Mainline Co-founder*There will be no minimum amount of MAIN that can be staked. However, there will be premium features that are unlocked when your MAIN stake is large enough. Also meta-tagging rewards will be multiplied by the amount staked. The APY mechanism will be 2.5% of all transactions on the Mainline Data Marketplace will go to stakers. In the beginning we will most likely bootstrap the rewards until the Marketplace gains traction.
1. Since maps are organized in collections based on topics, must users subscribe for an entire collection or are users allowed to subscribe to individual maps on certain topics?
2. Using information from Mainline maps, is there a way to identify and differentiate authentic campaigns from bot-driven campaigns?
Pres TesHi Lala!
1. We're adjusting our subscription model to be more open and accessible for the community. There will be maps that mainline hosts that will all be open to subscribers, and more specific/special ineterest maps started by other users that will be additional fees to access, where those fees go to the users that own the maps.
2. Yes! The first tools we built were finding what's going viral and understanding if the engagement is distributed across the conversation (good) or mostly an echochamber of users which suggest botted activities. We also added multiple tools for looking into the authenticity of an account's followers and their engagement. We're delivering follower quality scores as well as engagement quality scores to some of our partners now, and we'll be opening that up for the public soon.
Cryptodiffer CommunityI Got to Know that Mainline Dao will function as the form of governance for the Mainline Ecosystem.
May I know More details about the MAINLINE DAO , How Can Users Becom the Members of the MAINLINE DAO ?
Berg Man *Chris - Mainline Co-founder*Great question. At this time anyone who holds MAIN will be able to use it to vote on proposal presented by the Dao. Anyone in the community will be able to submit proposals if they meet the minimum holding requirement of MAIN. The minimum requirement has not been determined yet but it will most likley be one of the first proposals voted on.
Cryptodiffer CommunityThe problem with crypto projects that have attempted the staking-for-access model is that they have typically done so with a static staking requirement and this have eventually exposed a major flaw which is; as the token price increased, accessing the platform via staking also become prohibitively expensive. Tell us how Mainline intends to do it differently.
Pres TesHi Hakeem, great quesiont. During the developmpent of our platform, we saw in other projects that the staking for access model wasn't sustainable. We've adjusted our platform economics where only certain features like our data marketplace require staking, with the goal being to earn more tokens by particpating in the generation and promotion of data assets such as authenticity audits and real-time conversation maps.
Cryptodiffer Community🚨Currently, twitter is the only support social media app for singing up on Mainline. Will that remain the case in the future or will other social platform like Facebook and EMAIL be supported in the future?🛑
Pres TesOur objective is to integrate as many social platforms as possible. We started with twitter because we can get a lot of data really quickly, and we'll be integrating more platforms based on what our community wants-- looks like discord and tg are high priority, as well as youtube and IG.
Cryptodiffer CommunityCan I pay for my subscription at Fiat? If yes, how many fiat currencies are available to pay?
Pres TesYes, our subscription model will be flexible and allow both crypto and fiat. Initial support for USD, but we're not opposed to accepting other currencies in principle
Cryptodiffer CommunityHi @pres321MainlineCofounder @bergman12
In the Buyer Benefits it is obvious Influencers can have a good benefit from Mainline. Do you also have some rewards or benefits for Fans and Followers?
Berg Man *Chris - Mainline Co-founder*We are working on a dapp that will be called Mainline Community Engine. This will be a dashboard for project owners to see deep analytics on what their community is engaging with. This will not just be a raw count of likes and retweets. With our proprietary metrics and algorithms we can pin point which community members are getting the most organically driven engagement. Those community members that are authentically get engagement can then be rewarded by the project owners in their tokens. Here is a sneak peak of the dashboard.
Cryptodiffer CommunityHai sir ✊
Mainline has a token supply of 50M tokens. what are your plans to increase token demand and scarcity? Does Mainline have any plans for token burn in the future?
Berg Man *Chris - Mainline Co-founder*Great question. This will be something the Community/Dao will have to propose and vote on.
Cryptodiffer CommunityI am a user who prefers to use Mainline for free. What are the advantages of upgrading to Premium Subscription? What kind of opportunities and returns do I get?
Pres TesHi Cindy! We wanted to create a platform where anyone could get greater transparency in their social media experience. We will support a free tier that includes many of the basics so our community can get value out of our tools, while premium features like authenticity reports and engagement audits will be paid features for businesses that are using the platform to up their game on social.
Cryptodiffer CommunityWhat are the requirements to join the Beta Program? Will there be benefits to Beta Program participants from Mainline? If so, what are they?
Berg Man *Chris - Mainline Co-founder*Currently the platform is in Open Alpha. Anyone can go to app.getmainline.com to test out V2 of the platform. And yes we are keeping track of everyone who is testing it out and giving feedback but I can neither confirm or deny if their will be any rewards for them. 👀
Cryptodiffer CommunityReading about Mainline I was intrigued by the "broker" feature. So Can you explain in more detail about this? What are the basic requirements to become a broker?
Pres TesHi Natasya, great question! We're collecting A TON of data from social media, but we'll never be able to collect it all. We are creating a broker tier to help us prioritize which data we collect. Specifically, what real-time streams and maps will be the most valuable to paid users of the platform. Brokers will be able to create custom maps that cater to business users and earn as those business users consume the data
Cryptodiffer CommunityWill a user be rewarded for what they do on social media or only what they do within the MAINLINE platform? Can we say neutral, uncensored and decentralized for the MAINLINE platform?
Berg Man *Chris - Mainline Co-founder*Mainline itself is not a social platform like twitter or facebook. We are a suite of tools for defining social capital in the web 3.0 era. We do have some other plans for rewarding users that bring valuable social data to the Dao. Which everyone in the community will benefit from. The more valuable social data the Mainline Dao has, the more valuable it becomes.
Cryptodiffer CommunityHi @bergman12 @pres321MainlineCofounder
🔵 How do you verify if interactions on accounts and posts are valid on mainline? How is the system you prepared for this coordinated the originality and effectiveness reports and how are the inspections done?
🔵 How many different modes are there to enable business uses in Mainline? Can we customize this mode for our own workflows?
Pres TesHi zafer, awesome questions.
1. we have developed several proprietary scoring algorithms that are like x-ray vision for social-- they help see through large follower counts and engagement numbers and determine how authentic they are-- for example, if a post has 10,000 retweets, but all the accounts that retweeted were created yesterday, this would score lower than 10,000 retweets from accounts with a high variance in account age. This is one of many angles our system analyzes posts/interactions as well as the participating accounts.
2. We developed the platform to be extensible in the form of modes. Modes are use-case specific workflows that work within our interface to deliver specific value. For example, we're working on an evangelist mode which marries our authenticity scoring and activity tracking to help projects build authentic conversations around their work. Eventually, the community will be able to create custom modes and algorithms for any kind of activity on social -- shopping for the right NFT influencer, finding emerging projects with the most authentic engagement, targeting groups of engaged users around any topic, etc.
I love social media. Want can i join the Mainline?
If I'm Premium, which one is compatible?
Berg Man *Chris - Mainline Co-founder*Right now you can check out the platform at app.getmainline.com
Premium features are still in development but if you are looking for something in particular, please reach out to us. We want to focus on building the tools that are most valuable to the community.
Cryptodiffer Communityyou have conducted ama last year in this group... what changes or developments you have made in Mainline with in this 1 year?
Pres TesOne of the largest additions since then was a focus on authenticity scoring. Our early platform was designed what was going viral, but obviously in crypto a massive problem is farmed/fake virality. Adding this layer of intelligence to our system was a big step for us in providing quality data for the community to make decisions.
We also made adjustments to our token economy that allow more direct participation from the community that can earn tokens while growing the value of the platform, the most notable being the data marketplace where token holders can acquire data assets and earn as business users access them, as well as a curation layer with our metatagging system that allows users to earn by helping us label things in the system.
Cryptodiffer CommunityHi! 💹
I see in Mainline website there is a Alpha Phase going on. How can we join to the Alpha? Should we apply first? What can we test in the Alpha?
Berg Man *Chris - Mainline Co-founder*You can check out v2 of the Mainline platform now at app.getmainline.com
Feel free to check it out and if you have any feedback let us know!
v3 of the platform will be releasing soon. It will be much more robust and being able to derive value from it will be much easier.
Pres TesFigured I'd drop this in here as well, this is a map we're running for NFT NYC https://app.getmainline.com/map/166. Maps are a great way to see the conversations from above. Feel free to explore around. We have some light tutorial content on our youtube that explains the basics of what you're looking at and how to get value from it. We've also posted several of these on our twitter
And this is an example of our profile pages, here for LunarCrush https://app.getmainline.com/user/LunarCrush. This is a great place to see the top followers of an account as well as basics of their following like how many 0-10 followers they have vs. verified users.
Berg Man *Chris - Mainline Co-founder*We are at NFT.NYC for another 2 days. If anyone would like to grab a coffee and chat feel free to reach out. Right now we are not just in the building phase of the platform but also building relationships and partnerships with anyone that can get value from Mainline or social data we've gathered. We would love to connect with you!
We have collected a ton of social data already!
Pres TesEveryone feel free to make an account with mainline and authenticate your twitter, and stay tuned in our discord and twitter as we continue our journey!!
Berg Man *Chris - Mainline Co-founder*Thank you all so much and if anyone has anymore questions feel free to reach out!
Denis (CryptoDiffer)Thanks for your time
Thank you to everyone who took part!