We took the data from Santiment. Projects are sorted by the average daily development activity during the last 30 days on the Github. The number of daily events is approximate.
Cardano remained the leadership and Kusama with Gnosis pushed Etherium out of top 3, check our recent infographics: TOP Blockchains by average daily development activity on the Github in 2020.
Team at Santiment has their own vision of how to track the Development Activity of Blockchain projects on Github.
They do not count the following events:
- number of code pushes
- number of issue interactions — add/delete/edit comments in issues
- number of pull request interactions —add/delete/edit comments in PRs
- number of github wiki edits
- number of comments on commits
- number of repos open sourced
The benefits of this approach are the following:
- If the project forks some repository it doesn’t “inherit” the events
- Projects can’t alter your historical track record
- Dev activity is not only committing code, but also reporting issues and discussing code changes — GitHub events include these