We took the data from Santiment’s 2019 Market Report. Projects are sorted by the average daily development activity in 2019 on the Github. The number of daily events is approximate.
Leaders are Cardano and Ethereum. Cardano team was preparing for the much-awaited Cardano Incentivized Shelley testnet – a big step towards network decentralization, testnet was succesfully launched on December, 13th. Ethereum team was pushing the updates for Ethereum 2.0, scheduled for 2020.
The team at Santiment has their own vision of how to track the Development Activity of Blockchain projects on Github.
They do not count the following events:
- number of code pushes
- number of issue interactions — add/delete/edit comments in issues
- number of pull request interactions —add/delete/edit comments in PRs
- number of github wiki edits
- number of comments on commits
- number of repos open sourced
The benefits of this approach are the following:
- If project forks some repository it don’t “inherit” the events
- Projects can’t alter your historical track record
- Dev activity is not only committing code, but also reporting issues and discussing code changes — GitHub events include these