Tachyon Protocol is a decentralized internet protocol that aims to create a libre, secure and private internet for users. The Tachyon-based VPN, IoT, DeFi, Storage, CDN, DNS, and other Apps will benefit more than 900 million users. By implementing techniques from DHT, blockchain, UDP and encryption, Tachyon is committed to building the next generation TCP/IP that can provide a self-sufficient internet environment with high security, untraceability, availability, and maximum network speed.
Key features of the protocol include:
1. Tachyon Booster UDP – adopting techniques from DHT, blockchain, UDP and real-time Optimal Routing, is capable of 200%~1000% transmission acceleration and over 90% connection success rate in a complex network environment based on experimental data.
2. Tachyon Security Protocol – an asymmetric end-to-end encrypted content simulation security protocol that provides real-time protection against man-in-the-middle attacks (MITM), as well as other security issues, when both parties conduct end-to-end communication.
3. Tachyon Anti-Content Analysis – enhancing network anti-monitoring capabilities through the concurrent multi-routing scheme and multi-relay forwarding scheme.
4. Tachyon SDK – combined with blockchain, it can be easily integrated and instantaneously deployed with all popular programming languages.
5. IPX Token – incentivize various participants to contribute to the positive development of the Tachyon ecosystem. The IPX token resides on the V SYSTEMS blockchain.
Product status & Roadmap
Tachyon has already released its token and listed it on 3 exchanges: Bithumb, Bithumb Global, Oceanex. The project did not have public token sale, only private round.
Tachyon has developed and released Tachyon VPN Alpha 1 which is already available for macOS 10.10 while iOS, Android and Windows versions are coming soon!
The Decentralized VPN is the First DApp based on Tachyon Protocol.
Tachyon Network is now live and already includes 12 working nodes all over the globe (6 in the USA, 1 in Canada, 1 in the Netherlands, 1 in Indonesia, 1 in Japan, 1 in Singapore, 1 in Nigeria).
By the end of 2020, Tachyon is planning to have ~1 million users for Gray testing, release Tachyon SDK and Tachyon BPN GA.
In the Q1 2021, IPX Token holders may reach 3 million according to the roadmap a very ambitious goal in our opinion. Tachyon Protocol settles on data storage, CDN, DiFi, instant messaging edge computing, games, and other business scenarios.
More products based on Tachyon Network to be developed with the release of Tachyon SDK:
- CDN – a content distribution network. The decentralized Tachyon network distributes tens of millions of nodes around the world so the quantity and coverage exceed the centralized CDN service.
- Storage – Tachyon protocol can add an extra layer of protection by encrypting the contents in storage and during transmission, as well as accelerate the transmission efficiency.
- DeFi, IoT and DNS products.
Team & Company
The project is backed by solid founding team:
Sunny King — a legendary blockchain developer, is the inventor of Proof of Stake consensus mechanism and creator of three cryptocurrency/blockchain projects, including V SYSTEMS, Peercoin, and Primecoin.
Alex Yang — CEO of V SYSTEMS, a FinTech entrepreneur and investor
Peerchemist — a high community reputation and global developer network influence.
Jacob Gadikian — A technologist obsessed with the potential of decentralized systems
Vinko Karamatic — The technology expert with over 13 years worldwide experience in STEM, last three as a CEO.
The company is registered in the British Virgin Islands. The core team is based in Hong Kong, the rest of the team is distributed globally.
Tachyon has an IPX Token, built on V SYSTEMS blockchain. The IPX Token serves as the native crypto-currency of the network.
The initial supply of the IPX token is 1,000,000,000 IPX (one billion). In order to encourage more nodes to join Tachyon for network construction and community governance, and ensure the decentralization and self-development of the network, Tachyon will issue an additional 5% per year to motivate the Provider Nodes.
IPX Token use cases include:
- Identity verification
- Trading and store of value
- Make the protocols driven by DAO
- Incentive & coordination mechanism
IPX Token Staking:
To ensure the rewards are issued to the provider nodes that actually contribute to the network, the provider nodes must obtain enough IPX Token to become verified. Provider nodes are required to pay a security deposit in the amount of 200,000 IPX tokens after tokens are idle for a minimum of 7 days in order to complete the node verification. However, the speculative value of the IPX token may fluctuate while the tokens are locked in the smart contract. Tachyon has decided to have an inflation-based reward system of 5% per annum to encourage the nodes to keep providing the service to the network regardless of the speculative value of the token. The annual reward of 5%, along with the mandatory lock-up phase, simulates the Proof of stake “staking” or “mining” found in some blockchain networks. This should help reduce the holding risk and opportunity cost of the operating node.
Tachyon Token (IPX) is already listed on three exchanges:
IPX token has also been included on these sites:
- CoinMarketCap: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/tachyon-protocol/
- CoinGecko: https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/tachyon-protocol
- WorldCoinIndex: https://www.worldcoinindex.com/coin/tachyonprotocol
- Coinpaprika: https://coinpaprika.com/coin/ipx-tachyon-protocol/
- CoinCodex: https://coincodex.com/crypto/tachyon-protocol/
Overall, the Tachyon Protocol solves the problem of trusted, stable, fast, reliable and transparent decentralized information network. The project is backed by solid founding members and built on V SYSTEMS blockchain.
Tachyon Network is at an early stage but has already delivered a working product. The project has released Tachyon VPN Alpha 1 and has already ~12 nodes working in the network from all over the globe. But there is still a lot of work to be executed in order to develop a healthy ecosystem and community around the project. Staking will positively affect the IPX token performance in case there will be enough transactions to stimulate the number of node operators to grow. For now, the main source of staking profit is 5%/yearly coming from inflation of the total token supply. The project plans for 2020 are very ambitious moreover the team is planning to reach 3 million IPX token holders by Q1 2021 which is a challenging task to achieve.
Tachyon did not conduct a public sale and had a private sale only. IPX token is listed on 3 exchanges: Bithumb, Bithumb Global and Oceanex.
Tachyon is definitely a promising project and we are sure that the team will continue development and expand the project ecosystem. There are plenty of products from different niches possible to be built on the Tachyon Protocol in the future: Content distribution, Storage, DeFi, IoT and DNS related products, and much more.
We are keeping an eye on the upcoming updates & news of the project and recommend subscribing to their social channels not to miss the important updates.